Snus and nicotine pouches are growing in popularity and are becoming a healthier alternative to smoking. Compared to cigarette smoking, the use of snus and nicotine pouches is less-harmful. While they aren’t risk-free, they can drastically reduce your chances of getting cancer from cigarette smoking.
Difference Between Snus and Nicotine Pouches
Snus is an oral tobacco product that comes loose or in little pouches.
Nicotine pouches are small packs containing a whitish substance having snus with nicotine as the main ingredient.
The main difference between the two is that nicotine pouches are tobacco-free while Swedish snus is not. Similarities between the two are that they do not require combustion and offer the same satisfaction as that of smoking. Additionally, they are discreet, split-free and a common way of using them is by placing them under the top lip or between the lower lip and gum.
How to Use Snus and Nicotine Pouches
Using snus and nicotine pouches is easy. If you are a snus beginner, here’s how to use the product.
Using loose snus
1. Buy a tin of loose Swedish snus. Be sure to buy from a real brand, alternatively, go for popular brands. Since they come in different flavours, you can pick one that appeals to you such as citrus or mint.
2. Tap the side of the tin against a hard surface to loosen compacted portions of the snus.
3. Pinch a small portion out from the tin.
4. Insert the snus under your lips or between your gums and upper lip.
5. Remove the snus when you no longer feel the buzz or enjoy the flavour.
6. Store the loose snus in the fridge to keep it fresh longer.
Using snus\nicotine pouches if you are a nicotine or snus beginner
1. Buy a tin of nicotine or Swedish snus pouches.
2. Take a pouch of the tin with your fingers.
3. Place the pouch under your lower lip or between your upper lip and gums.
4. Keep the pouch in as long as you enjoy the flavour and buzz. Always dispose of the pouch in a trash can
5. Store the tin in the refrigerator to make it last longer.